• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

A Question on Unity Game Engine

This topic is 2251 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've been modeling and texturing objects on 3DS Max and I decided to import one object to Unity just to see how it would look. Unfortunatly, the objects appeared in Unity without their textures. Can anyone tell me why? Do I have to import the textures/images to Unity even though I've already added them to the objects on 3DS Max?

Advertisement
if you are importing the materials from the model unity will automagically look for the textures and apply those to the unity materials. If unity cant find the textures the materials will have no textures bound and you will need to bind them manually. Just drag them from the project view into the material's texture box.

I worked a lot in 3DS Max putting the textures the way I wanted. If I manualy put the textures on the materials in Unity will it come out the same way I put them in 3ds max?

i'm not sure, it probably will. One last thing you could try is importing your textures before you are importing the model.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement