• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
flump9

[C++]Youtube Series

This topic is 2345 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am making a series of C++ game development tutorial series using allegro and i need some help to promote it and someone to help me make my first game(That's right, i rushed ahead).I know i sound stupid,but i know some stuff about moving things and getting user input but i need to learn more so if someone could either help me OR give me some source code for a game like pong so i can learn from it and develop my knowledge.I would be very grateful and whoever helped me with the code would have credits throughout the series.My Youtube

Advertisement

I am making a series of C++ game development tutorial series using allegro and i need some help to promote it and someone to help me make my first game(That's right, i rushed ahead).I know i sound stupid,but i know some stuff about moving things and getting user input but i need to learn more so if someone could either help me OR give me some source code for a game like pong so i can learn from it and develop my knowledge.I would be very grateful and whoever helped me with the code would have credits throughout the series.My Youtube

So you're doing a series of tutorials, but you've never even managed to program a game? And on top of that you're asking for source code someone else wrote, so you can learn from it?
I'm sorry, but that sounds like a rather terrible idea right there

[quote name='Flump9' timestamp='1324411408' post='4895841']

So you're doing a series of tutorials, but you've never even managed to program a game? And on top of that you're asking for source code someone else wrote, so you can learn from it?
[/quote]

I know but i'm too eager because i really want to learn the language but i do not know where to get a good tutorial.

I know but i'm too eager because i really want to learn the language but i do not know where to get a good tutorial.

Why would you even want to do a tutorial series if you're clueless yourself? How could you even manage to do one, and how do you think it would help other people if you aren't able to answer questions or give help to those following your tutorial?
Also, reading source code is absolutely not recommended if you want to learn how to program anything, first of all because of the common lack of documentation or explanation of the programming principles behind the code in question, and second of all because of the possible flaws in the original programmer's coding style/knowledge

If you would have looked around for 5 minutes on this very forum you would've been able to find tons of C++ tutorials, beginner's guides, etc.

Hello Flump - There are a few things that caught my eye. This my opinion and I am only saying this to try and help you.

How are you creating "How 2 Do Programming" videos when you are asking for code to learn from? You should learn to create your own and do a series about how you did it, what challenges you had to overcome, etc. Even the first tutorial was very bad. It left me with more questions then answers. Why a blank project? What are the other project types related to allegro and what benefits do they provide? Why do I want to delete the header file? What was it for? Why do I want to use "" instead of <> for including the header file? What does this tell the preprocessor? preprocessor... What? Why are you including that specific header? What was the main for and why did I need it? What... etc. I think you get the point.

I'm not trying to be harsh, but someone may pick up very bad habits that would hurt them more than help them. I appreciate what you are trying to do, but write a pong game on your own. Trust me... It will help you more than anyone else.

[EDIT]
Wow I'm slow at typing today. :)

[quote name='Flump9' timestamp='1324411408' post='4895841']

[/quote]

Yeah, this just seems like the blind leading the blind. There's also a series of YouTube Allegro tutorials already out there, not sure if I would link them, but the developer has already made a few games before making the series.

Ok guys,i'm taking the tutorials down,thanks. sad.gif

Don't take these comments as an insult or anything like that, just keep on learning about game programming, and try to build that first game of your own
After that try to make another one, and another one, and so on
Then after a while you can try to create a series of tutorials, because you'll have the knowledge and skils ;)

[quote name='Flump9' timestamp='1324417199' post='4895886']
Ok guys,i'm taking the tutorials down,thanks. sad.gif

Don't take these comments as an insult or anything like that, just keep on learning about game programming, and try to build that first game of your own
After that try to make another one, and another one, and so on
Then after a while you can try to create a series of tutorials, because you'll have the knowledge and skils ;)
[/quote]

I'm not, i was just not expecting to have loads of critism.Anyways, i just a confused at how to make a pong game,a simple game is so hard!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!