QT license

Started by
2 comments, last by sheep19 12 years, 3 months ago
I have read the QT GUI library is licensed under the LGPL license. Does this mean I can sell my applications without buying the library license from NOKIA?
Advertisement

I have read the QT GUI library is licensed under the LGPL license. Does this mean I can sell my applications without buying the library license from NOKIA?

So long as you comply with the LGPL, yes, you can sell your applications as closed source products. Note that this usually means dynamically linking to Qt, or providing your program's object files if you statically link to it. Dynamically linking to it is the simplest.
[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

Yes, you can't distribute it on restricted platforms though as the end user has to be able to replace/modify/upgrade the QT library that is used with your application.
[size="1"]I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

[quote name='sheep19' timestamp='1324491423' post='4896246']

So long as you comply with the LGPL, yes, you can sell your applications as closed source products. Note that this usually means dynamically linking to Qt, or providing your program's object files if you statically link to it. Dynamically linking to it is the simplest.
[/quote]

Thank you!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement