• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
MrJoshL

Opinions on C# vs. C++

This topic is 2547 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I just wanted to see the amount of people who vote for the memory management and benefits of C++ or its high-level counterpart C#. Which do you think is better?

Advertisement
Sorry, but we don't allow this type of question here -- it usually ends up in an argument, and to be honest it isn't very useful.

If I may quote from the For Beginners Forum FAQ:

[color="#1C2837"]

"This" versus "that" threads are considered flame bait and will usually be closed on sight. Such questions have usually been asked before, several times, so there should be no need to ask them again.

[/quote]

We have had a lot of similar topics in the past however, so if you try a search you will likely turn up plenty of results. You might also notice in the faq that we tend to recommend languages such as C# or Python to beginners, along with a brief explanation of why C++ may not be an ideal choice for someone starting out.

To be honest, in the vast majority of cases it doesn't matter -- both are very capable languages, and it will usually be the programmer's ability rather than the language that ends up limiting what can be achieved.

smile.gif

This topic is 2547 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.