My first ever render

Started by
6 comments, last by Burnskagen 12 years, 3 months ago
laptop.png

Errors that I have left to fix is the gap between the keyboard and the trackpad, I also need to texture it once I understand how.

Please give feedback and critique :)
Advertisement
Your model looks good to me, but there is one thing that's looks wrong however it could just be from the perpective of the image. The bottom of the touchpad looks like it was cut off from the rest of the computer.

What application did you ue to make your model?

Aluthreney -- the King of sheep.

I use blender, can't afford anything else, but it seems like a good app.

Thanks for the tips, I agree now that you say it..
laptop.png

Watcha think now? biggrin.png
I have to agreement with Aluthreney on the touchpad, it does seem a bit cut out th body. Other then that it's quite good.

If I might point to some small issues:
- The corners are a bit sharp, they could use some smoothing.
- The same for the corners of the insets of the touchpad and the screen.
"What? It disintegrated. By definition, it cannot be fixed." - Gru - Dispicable me

"Dude, the world is only limited by your imagination" - Me

Yeah I agree on the touchpad, I can see where you're going with it but how it's pushed in a bit doesn't seem right. From a user's perspective that might even be uncomfortable :)

However, it's a pretty good model, especially for it being your first :)
The keys look a bit flat, probably because they are just a texture and not actually part of the mesh? Your materials and textures could use a bit of tweaking, but I'm guessing your focus is more on the actual model so I'll reserve judgement on that and see what else you come up with. :)
"I will personally burn everything I've made to the fucking ground if I think I can catch them in the flames."
~ Gabe
"I don't mean to rush you but you are keeping two civilizations waiting!"
~ Cavil, BSG.
"If it's really important to you that other people follow your True Brace Style, it just indicates you're inexperienced. Go find something productive to do."
[size=2]~ Bregma

"Well, you're not alone.

There's a club for people like that. It's called Everybody and we meet at the bar[size=2].

"

[size=2]~

[size=1]Antheus

The keys look a bit flat, probably because they are just a texture and not actually part of the mesh? Your materials and textures could use a bit of tweaking, but I'm guessing your focus is more on the actual model so I'll reserve judgement on that and see what else you come up with. smile.png

That is true about the keys. I guess there is a bumpmap function I do not know how to use yet but I will learn so soon. :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement