• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
EricRRichards

New Free EBook Reader Application

This topic is 2534 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, all

I've been working on a little project, a light-weight, multi-format ebook reader.

I've sort of collected up a bunch of ebooks from all kinds of sources over the years, and I never ran into anything that was really useful for keeping track of and reading them. Calibre is passable, but I've always found it to be a little cumbersome, and the reader part can be wicked slow and glitchy. What I wanted was something like Kindle for PC, but able to handle all the myriad formats I've got laying around. So I decided to build one myself, and cobble together something with C# and WinForms. The more I worked on it, the cooler (at least in my opinion...) it got, and now I feel like it's at the point that other people might find it useful.

It handles PDF, LIT, TXT, RTF, CHM and HTML format ebooks
It maintains some metadata about your collection
It allows you to easily search and filter your collection
You can view your collection in either a detail list view, or a cover thumbnail tile view.
[attachment=6521:Tiles-new.PNG]

Requirements:
Windows
.NET Framework 4.0
Internet Explorer, with a PDF viewer plugin (tested with Acrobat and Foxit), to view PDFs

If any of that sounds interesting, you can check out my website for more information and a free download.
http://richardssoftware.blogspot.com/ Edited by EricRRichards

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!