• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Michael Tanczos

GameDev.net 2012

This topic is 2700 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

How do I add new tags?

Hang tight, we now have a way to manage tags much better and will be starting open tagging this week

so maybe a change reverted something?

Perhaps. I did see it pop up once earlier and it behaved like Alpha_ProgDes mentioned for me as well - up at the top and then faded out.

Advertisement
One more thing smile.png

There used to be a little ? off to the upper-right corner (basically a Help Menu for the Reply section) that showed how to use tags and showed things like <Code="csharp"> and so forth. Where did that go?

Gaiiden, since you didn't respond to my other question, I take it that the Code tag doesn't support Scheme/Lisp keyword highlighting. :(

Something I'd like to point out: the term classifieds, for me as a non-native speaker, did not ring a bell. The reason I checked it out is that I browsed all sections after the revision. I'm not sure how many people actually know this term or think to know it. I associated it with classified at first, which is something completely different. I realize it's more elegant than Jobs & Recruitment or something along those lines, but I think it's not clear enough.

I realize it's more elegant than Jobs & Recruitment or something along those lines, but I think it's not clear enough.

Any suggestions? We were drawing blanks on alternatives - here in the states we call em classified ads.

http://www.gamedev.net/topic/618127-how-to-make-games-for-the-absolute-beginnner/page__fromsearch__1

I see the Promote to Article button. I was hoping that it would send a flag to Gaiiden, or whoever is in charge of the articles now, to consider this post (or in this case the content in the link) an article. But this doesn't seem to be the case. Is there a way to have such functionality in the forums? I surely didn't want to make wildbunny's article a GDNet article without his permission :)

I see that Servant of the Lord is a Marketplace Seller (congrats by the way), however, I wanted to see what he has in the Marketplace and clicked on the title. To my dismay, nothing happened. It was just text. Is there anyway, for the title to be a link and go to the Marketplace and show the software he's selling? Or have some functionality similar to that near his name/avatar?

Thanks - I've been a seller for several months now, selling tileart. It'd be very nice to have 'Marketplace seller' be a link to my stuff.
Currently, if you hover over my username, and click 'Find content', it brings you to this page, where on the left-hand bar ("By content type") you can click 'Downloads' and see this page.

Alternatively, on my profile page on the left-hand side, you can click 'Files'. and see them.

There needs to be a "hey n00b, here's how you use the site" page. I wouldn't even have thought hovering or even clicking on your username. I've never had to before on the old site. Boolean's quote (which is in my signature) had it right, lol.

There used to be a little ? off to the upper-right corner (basically a Help Menu for the Reply section) that showed how to use tags and showed things like and so forth. Where did that go?

You're right that's gone. I never used it much so I didn't even notice. I have no idea why it's not there anymore I mean I did use it on occasion...

Gaiiden, since you didn't respond to my other question, I take it that the Code tag doesn't support Scheme/Lisp keyword highlighting. sad.png

Sorry I was hoping Mike would answer that. I honestly don't know but AFAIK the Code tag doesn't support any syntax highlighting but the Source tag does. There's a list of support languages Mike made a link to it somewhere either here on the forums or in his journal or the staff journal. Try a search.

I see the Promote to Article button. I was hoping that it would send a flag to Gaiiden, or whoever is in charge of the articles now, to consider this post (or in this case the content in the link) an article. But this doesn't seem to be the case. Is there a way to have such functionality in the forums? I surely didn't want to make wildbunny's article a GDNet article without his permission smile.png

Well it will make it into an article but I will still have to approve it as such before it becomes visible. So you can go ahead and use the button without worrying about the article popping up without the user's permission as I will contact the author when I see a new article in the queue waiting for approval. However two problems we'll need to tackle is that I don't get notified when a new article is submitted (already told Mike about this) and I won't know it was you who submitted the article not the author himself. At least I don't think so, which could cause a bit of confusion when I initially contact them.

Go ahead and use the button. Then post here when you've done so and I'll check the article DB and see how it shows up.

There needs to be a "hey n00b, here's how you use the site" page. I wouldn't even have thought hovering or even clicking on your username. I've never had to before on the old site. Boolean's quote (which is in my signature) had it right, lol.

We're working on this page which you can get to from the Home page. I don't think the Help Topics even has anything about the name cards though. There's a lot here I will admit I stumbled upon, like the Go To Last Post shortcut. I don't think IPS has ever had a real difinitive guide to every little feature around. For example there's nothing in the Help Topics on posting that mentions the Autosave feature. And there's nothing that mentions tagging either.

Any suggestions? We were drawing blanks on alternatives - here in the states we call em classified ads.

That's a tough one, maybe others could jump in? I do think that something like Jobs & Recruitment would be better, even though it's not very elegant.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!