• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Michael Tanczos

GameDev.net 2012

This topic is 2674 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Thanks Matias. There's a lot of new things to get used to and people will need to readjust their "site flow" a bit to get around comfortably but it's mostly all there. We'll be tweaking and adding more in the coming weeks and months

Advertisement

Is there any way to jump to the latest post(s) of a thread? I can't seem to find a way, there also isn't any hidden button.

Click on the icon to the left of the thread title. I admit this isn't really obvious but that's the way IPS designed it...

Read tracking is on now too so you don't have to remember to click "Mark this forum read" anymore either so the forum remembers your last viewed spot. Yay!

Hidden
I was going to edit my first post, but I'm not quit sure how... Is the edit post button is missing?

Anyway, I just noticed the "GameDev.net Forums RSS" RSS feed at the top. This is great and I think I will be using this.

Great job again.

I just noticed the "GameDev.net Forums RSS" RSS feed at the top. This is great and I think I will be using this as it will be a good alternative to the recent content that was on the home page.

Great job with the site everyone. Keep up the great work.

On a side note, the edit button does not show up on a post unless you refresh the page. Not a huge deal, but I wasn't sure why I couldn't see it at first.

I just noticed the "GameDev.net Forums RSS" RSS feed at the top. This is great and I think I will be using this as it will be a good alternative to the recent content that was on the home page.

So many feeds! That's awesome! *adds to Google Reader*

[quote name='Endurion' timestamp='1325228976' post='4898072']
Is there any way to jump to the latest post(s) of a thread? I can't seem to find a way, there also isn't any hidden button.

Click on the icon to the left of the thread title. I admit this isn't really obvious but that's the way IPS designed it...
[/quote]
On that note, is there any way to get the page numbers for long threads to show up next to the thread title rather than after the topic starter?

When I read the forums, I usually open the New Content page, and scroll down, opening threads that catch my eye in new tabs. Since most threads have only one tab, this means I keep my mouse towards the left of the column and for the multi-page threads I need to move my mouse over and then come back. It's not a big deal, but I think it would flow better this way, especially on my laptop where I use the touch pad.

tl;dr: I'm lazy.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!