GameDev.net 2012

Started by
123 comments, last by Gaiiden 12 years, 1 month ago
I see that Servant of the Lord is a Marketplace Seller (congrats by the way), however, I wanted to see what he has in the Marketplace and clicked on the title. To my dismay, nothing happened. It was just text. Is there anyway, for the title to be a link and go to the Marketplace and show the software he's selling? Or have some functionality similar to that near his name/avatar?

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Advertisement

I see that Servant of the Lord is a Marketplace Seller (congrats by the way), however, I wanted to see what he has in the Marketplace and clicked on the title. To my dismay, nothing happened. It was just text. Is there anyway, for the title to be a link and go to the Marketplace and show the software he's selling? Or have some functionality similar to that near his name/avatar?

Hrmm.. I'm not sure how we'd pull that off to be honest. Right now it's just the group name he is in and it doesn't necessarily have a relationship with any particular spot on the site. I'd have to think about how I'd pull this off.

Can the info about the thread: Started by, Forum Name be highlighted some other color than gray. It's hard to see. Plus I liked it when the that information was more in tablular format. Such as: Thread Name, Forum, Last Post Date/Last Poster. Much easier to read.

I'm referring to the New Content page, by the way.

Any thoughts on this request, Mike?

Well the title doesn't have to be a link. It could be any other link near his name. It would just be nice if sellers had one.

Another thing, why isn't there a "Want to be GDNet Marketplace Seller? Click Here to Find Out How." link on the Marketplace page?

One last thing, new, highly rated, or most sold items in the Marketplace should show on the front page.

Completely different topic. I just saw something pop-up saying something like "1 reply added". Then it faded away while I was typing this post. What was that? It was pretty cool to see. Too bad I didn't get a chance to click.

Completely different topic. I just saw something pop-up saying something like "1 reply added". Then it faded away while I was typing this post. What was that? It was pretty cool to see. Too bad I didn't get a chance to click.

If someone posts to a topic while you are still typing your own reply you can click that link and it will load it off our server so you can see it. I like the idea of the "Want to be a GDNet Marketplace Seller?" link. Also exposing more items in the topics is also going to be pretty important as well. I just want our members to have a fair shot of selling their wares.. especially when I know they put a lot of work into them to produce them and we have so many high quality products.

I did something with your request btw but I lost it due to the server crash.. (along with everything else I did to the site Thursday)
Out of curiosity, are you talking about title link to Marketplace request or the tabular request I made in post #81.

Completely different topic. I just saw something pop-up saying something like "1 reply added". Then it faded away while I was typing this post

It faded away? That's not good I would think it should stay there until you click on it or make your post. I thought I saw that this feature would be included in the new board update but I hadn't seen it yet. This is probably why - I'm too focused on my reply window at the bottom of the screen to notice a small one-line box fade in at the top. It should really come up right above this quick reply box

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

Actually, I've seen it, and it didn't fade away and it was right above the quick reply box. Maybe it's browser dependent?
I'm using FF 8.0.1 currently. It stayed for a good 10 to 15 seconds. I did try to right click on the link but that didn't work. It faded away shortly afterward.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement