• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
waterburn

Unity Time2Game 2012 - Submit a Game and Win!

This topic is 2534 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

time2game.jpg

[media]
[/media]

This is an opportunity for anyone to win a quick $15 dollar CAD prize by submitting any game you have developed: past or present. This contest is a completion of our contest Time2Game I. But in this final holiday week before the new year, we will be focusing on games you have developed in the past. We want to see who the best game developer is based on their game's gameplay, graphics, sound and overall quality. All submissions will be posted on our website, http://www.time2play0.tk/. Please note we will not own the rights to the game. The deadline for all submissions is December 31st, 2011, 11:59 PM EST (January 1, 2012 04:59 UTC) After the contest ends, three judges, all members of the Time2Play0 team, will decide on the best game based on specific criteria. The grand prize winner will receive $15 dollars CAD in their Paypal account, get their game published on our front page, and will be mentioned on our forums and other social media locations. We accept games of all genres. Your games can be either downloadable or embeddable. Multiple submissions are welcome on this final week.

For more rules and details please visit: http://www.time2play0.tk/time2game.php.

Questions, concerns and submissions? Please email contests@time2play0.tk. Make sure to check the specific submission format on the contest page. Also visit the contest forum thread and participate!

Advertisement
No, you retain the rights to your game. We will publish the entries on our website.

We also do not gain any money if the game does happen to be a hit.

Last chance to make your submissions!

Happy holidays from the Time2play0 Team.

I'm gonna have to be the person to say it, I'll sound like a greedy bugger but everyone else must be thinking it.
$15 isn't even an incentive to a doodle competition, we put skill and smarts to work to make games, anything from the smallest fun games to the largest serious games.
Fact of the matter is any game that is capable of making it onto any market place will make more than $15 in its first day (unless its hidden)

An incentive to enter a game into a competition would be Advertisement of the game, a publicized video review, a peer review of the game, anything that would promote it to people enough. And for anyone interested in money I'm fairly sure successful efforts to make a fun-tastic (yes I spliced the words, I'm sorry for my crime against the English language) game would be interested in $100 at the very least.

I'm certainly not asking for such, its just $15 could be made in no time by doing anything. Advertising a game in anyway would be worth more than $15.

EDIT: also seeing as this isn't about programming I think its in the wrong section.

bombshell93, thank you for your thoughts.

We will consider non-cash rewards for the future as you mentioned maybe for Time2Game II next year.

But at this point in the contest what's done is done. We've learned from our mistakes. We just hope to get a good number of entries for the new year!

Thanks guys!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!