Shared template factory stub

Started by
6 comments, last by WitchLord 12 years, 3 months ago
When compiling a shared class that uses a template (array, say), a rather cryptic error appears:

Shared code cannot call non-shared function 'int[]@ factstub()'

Shouldn't the factory stubs be marked as shared when they are generated?
Advertisement
You're correct. I've fixed this in revision 1091.

Thanks,
Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

A probably unrelated issue I have is that I cannot use shared classes as members of the ordinary classes. Is that intended? The manual only states about non-shared entities being (obviously) inaccessible within the entities, but this is the opposite situation.
It is supposed to work.

I'll investigate it.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

It does when the first script that uses the shared class (as a member) is compiled, but the consecutive scripts throw
Illegal member type
The problem was that as the shared class was already existing from the previous module it wasn't validated again to check for illegal members. Because the validation was skipped, I forgot to set the type as valid in the new module.

I've fixed this in revision 1092.

I'll check this once we update to the latest revision, but I am interested: can the shared classes eventually lead to the separation of class declaration and its implementation? That would do wonders for compilation time in many cases. I realize problems arising from the fact that the script modules would cease to be standalone entities, so is such a separation in plans?
Anything is possible. This other thread is discussing some ideas that might become a reality one day.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement