• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Rosenzweigjcb

OpenGL Swapping data into a single VBO?

This topic is 2539 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

So I heard one of the common methods of drawing in OpenGl 3.x+ is swapping the data of a VBO. How exactly is this done? On a side note, are there any small opensource OpenGL projects (like simple 2D game small) that use VBOs, Shaders, and all that jazz?

Advertisement

Where did you read that?

I heard this in various threads and chat rooms, but I never understood how this is done. Specifically, someone told me to us glBufferData to swap out the data every frame.

I heard this in various threads and chat rooms[/quote]
Can you clarify of what the objective is? What problem you are having?

I heard this in various threads and chat rooms

Can you clarify of what the objective is? What problem you are having?
[/quote]
There isn't really a problem, all I heard is that a lot of times games will use just one or two VBOs for rendering. Like for example, a 2D game would use just one VBO and then render everything from the player to the environment with that VBO. Anyways, this isn't an issue anymore, I think I understand how this works. I wonder if there is a "Delete Thread" button.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!