• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
milan_b

Linking SFML

This topic is 2538 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Using osx, emacs and sfml.

How do I link the sfml libraries (not sure of the file type, osx just says they're executables, but doesn't say dll or anything) when they are just lying in some folder. I don't want to install the sfml files to some random place and have it magically work with xcode or anything. I want to use emacs and a makefile and I want to put the libraries wherever I want and not edit any path variables.

Also, is there any tutorial about linking in C++ so I could understand these strange incantations that I need to type?

Advertisement
I believe you need to pass those libraries to the linker as arguments. If you really want to learn how to do it, you should read your linker's manual. I imagine you are probably using gcc and ld since OSX is built a lot like linux.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!