internship interview

Started by
1 comment, last by Tom Sloper 12 years, 3 months ago
I have an interview tomorrow for an internship. I've prepared a portfolio (though horibly designed right now.) which they've seen and liked. Now i'm trying to prepare for the interview and i'm curious to the professionals out there what kind of questions should i expect from a "standard" internship interview. It's with a small company that is expanding to game development from animation.

For some more information the email from them to the college states we would be working in the unity environment and are required to know c# and java script as well as the interface for unity. I have some class work, and i've been working on a personal project for unity, but I want to be prepared as much as possible for this internship interview.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Advertisement
Any legal question is fair game. Cramming generally won't help you.

Unlike last-minute study for an exam, there has been no coursework, no subject, no body of study. They can ask you about basically any subject related to work, and also a wide variety of things related to personal preference and non-work topics.

Questions will range from "How is your day going? Did you find the place okay?" to "What do you feel are pros and cons to row-major or column-major matrix order?" to "How would you implement variadic parameters if you were writing a compiler?"

Remember they have two goals. They want to discover (1) Will you do the job well? (2) Will you fit in?

Their questions will tend to reflect those.
You didn't say what kind of internship, but it sounds like it might be programming.
If it's programming, be prepared to take a programming test.
Beyond that, you should study up on the company and what games they've made, and find out everything you can about the people, what jobs they do / positions they hold / games they worked on.
Come up with questions about the company, the games they work on, their philosophy.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement