• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
TSS_Jake

Glacier iPhone Game

This topic is 2530 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello everyone. I have been working on an iPhone game called glacier, and I'm looking for feedback. I have uploaded a work in progress (only 8 levels) to Kongregate. All feedback and constructive criticism is appreciated!

http://www.kongregate.com/games/TSS_Jake/glacier-testing-8-levels

Advertisement
TSS_Jake

I thought your game was simple but fun which is the way I like them.

A couple thoughts...

It could use a next level button because I could not remember what level I had just played.
That being said our game doesn't show the level you just played on the level menu either but it shows a score if you finished it.

I could not solve level 3. It could use a menu button. I had to re-load the game to skip it.
I'm a lot older than your average gamer so just cause I couldn't do it doesn't mean much.

Anyway, good start and good luck!

Hey, I enjoyed the game, but was wondering how you're targeting iPhone if the game is Flash ... Isn't there no Flash on Apple mobile devices?

TSS_Jake

I thought your game was simple but fun which is the way I like them.

A couple thoughts...

It could use a next level button because I could not remember what level I had just played.
That being said our game doesn't show the level you just played on the level menu either but it shows a score if you finished it.

I could not solve level 3. It could use a menu button. I had to re-load the game to skip it.
I'm a lot older than your average gamer so just cause I couldn't do it doesn't mean much.

Anyway, good start and good luck!

Johnny Photon

Thanks for taking the time to play and give me feedback, I appreciate it! I agree that the navigation could be better, and it will be added in to the next build :).

Hey, I enjoyed the game, but was wondering how you're targeting iPhone if the game is Flash ... Isn't there no Flash on Apple mobile devices?

Jwezork
You are absolutely right that Apple Mobile Devices don't support flash. The engine I am using allows you to build your game for iOS or flash. I simply use the flash option to get feedback, however, the final game will be released for the iPhone.

Jwezork
You are absolutely right that Apple Mobile Devices don't support flash. The engine I am using allows you to build your game for iOS or flash. I simply use the flash option to get feedback, however, the final game will be released for the iPhone.

What engine are you using?

[quote name='TSS_Jake' timestamp='1326142056' post='4901065']
Jwezork

What engine are you using?
[/quote]

Stencyl (http://www.stencyl.com/)

The reason I chose Stencyl is because it's cheap (flash is free, iOS is $150/year), very simple, and allows you to build iOS games without having a mac.

Wow. I LOVE the concept of the game and the levels were fun and inventive. I had a hard time on a few because it's obviously intended for touch-support (whereas the mouse isn't as easy to move quickly and click then move again...) but this is really great! I wish you luck with this game!

Wow. I LOVE the concept of the game and the levels were fun and inventive. I had a hard time on a few because it's obviously intended for touch-support (whereas the mouse isn't as easy to move quickly and click then move again...) but this is really great! I wish you luck with this game!

Thanks so much for your feedback, you made my day!!!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!