• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

what is the name of this win32 control?

This topic is 2203 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I'm trying to make a simple app to show some kind of data. It has to be shown as table. Therefore I'm trying to create a win32 control that suits that purpose. However, I don't know what the name of that win32 control and I don't know how to create it. I use VC++ resource script to describe dialogs, menus, etc for me. But I can't seem to find that win32 control....

Here's the win32 control I'm talking about

[img]http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/390435_2488324210580_1326951482_32073150_659512051_n.jpg[/img]

Do you know what it is? and how to create it? thanks

Advertisement
Hi,

if I'm not mistaken that's a SysListView32.
I'm afraid I can't help you out more, since I've never used it with resource scripts.
Well, perhaps its name gives you a starting point for your search.

Good luck!

Whew, it is called listview you're right!! okay, I'm reading about it right now, hopefully I can grasp it soon. Thanks btw!!

Its actually just the ListView control in detail mode. You need to specify the columns, but getting the sorting button might need to be done with custom drawing. However when you do sort it you just change the order of the items, and you can still let Windows draw the contents.

Whoa, I was about to ask how to show that arrow button for sorting. But I guess I don't really need it right now, altho maybe I'll read about it later when I need to improve the look of the listview

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement