• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
RchrdJ

FlashPunk to XNA?

This topic is 2530 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I recently spent some time developing with FlashPunk. I really understood the use of "worlds" and "entitys" in FlashPunk, but have had trouble learning how to develop for XNA in the past. Now, I want to try developing games with XNA again. Is there a resource that will provide me a smooth transition from FlashPunk to XNA, specifically in regards to how it manages gamestates?

Advertisement
XNA felt really easy to me when i knew the basics of C#, so be sure you know that too. Just do some 101 lessons for XNA that show you how to draw, move and animate sprites. After that you should be able to make your own Pong clone with a little knowledge about collision.

There is a gamestate tutorial on msdn, but it's pretty advanced and i was really struggling with it at first too. Just start small, and don't worry that much about gamestates and screenmanagement for now since creating simple games for learning does not require that.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!