• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
rouncer

screen based single finite bounce of global illumination

This topic is 2530 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

looking bright and beautiful in screenspace smile.png its just like full on ssao, you definitely need a fermi for this...

shot6f.png ~3fps
shot7e.png ~10fps

Advertisement
Ive just updated it! ok, for every pixel, fire 36 rays out the hemisphere of the normal, 8 samples per ray... pick up direct lit objects and shadow and if you hit nothing add ambient light or if your using a skybox, grab the skybox pixel at that vector (i havent implemented that yet) you have to make screenspace lods of the renders you make (depth or worldspace coordinates will do) so you can slowly "expand" the search area of the samples as they head away from the target location to collect occlusions and direct light, make the ray march faster the further it gets away from the collecting pixel. You continually project the ray for each sample to find its new area on the screen textures. then you should come up with a "dirty" photon map of the screen. you then implement a 3d blur that follows the curves of the surfaces that doesnt blur over edges, and then you add the direct light to it (with shadowmap) and you get this result ->
shotgh.png
shotfuu.png

it goes 16 fps at 640x512 on my gtx 480. and it looks really bright and beautiful. maybe to combat the blurring of detailed occlusions by adding another quick pass of ssao at the end.

thanks man.
20 fps... the blur slows it down when you go too close, this is about the right distance and it goes real nicely :)
shotj.png

This is all very interesting but I'm really curious to see this technique on a more complex scene. It would be good to have some colored walls around to see the light interaction between the objects.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!