Isn't this forum almost unreachable now?

Started by
3 comments, last by Serapth 12 years, 3 months ago
In the site redesign, i've noticed that getting to the Your Announcements section is downright tricky. It isn't in any of the top level menus, plus when you are in say "General Programming" then click "Home" it brings you to the front page, not the forum index.

As it stands right now, to get to Your Announcements, you have to go Community->Forums->Your Announcement. Thing is, is anyone going to use this navigation method, when pretty much all of the other forums are accessed via drop down menus? Or am I missing some other way?

Not that it really matters one way or the other, I just wouldn't be surprised to see non-search engine traffic this part of the forum drop to nearly zero.
Advertisement
ummm, I don't have a problem, and considering I'm new I don't think anyone else should either, but that's just my opinion. Most sites do the community > forum > forum section anyway.
Before you had to go to Community -> Forums -> Scroll all the way down to the community section -> Click Your Announcements
Now.. Go to Community -> Forums -> Click Your Announcements

If anything it's *more* accessible now.

Or you can just click "Community" then "Your Announcements"

I just wouldn't be surprised to see non-search engine traffic this part of the forum drop to nearly zero.
I don't visit forums individually, I exclusively find threads using the New Content page and have done so for a long time (it was called Active Topics on the old site). I'm led to understand that a lot of other people also use this mode of navigating the forums too. So I wouldn't count out the traffic just yet, even if the forum itself was deeply buried smile.png
Perhaps it was just my way of navigating that has been changed, I would generally go to a particular forum, then click the forum breadcrumb to switch between sub forums, that breadcrumb now leads to the front page instead of the forum root. Oddly enough, I never really used the New Content feature, no clue why.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement