STEM GameDev challenge

Started by
6 comments, last by Sepiantum 12 years, 3 months ago
I recently received an email about the STEM game development challenge, and it seems really cool. Basically, it invites all grade school, middle school, high school, and college students to write/design their own game, submit them, and be reviewed by a panel of judges.

Link to the challenge site: http://stemchallenge.org/default.aspx
Follow and support my game engine (still in very basic development)? Link
Advertisement
Cool stuff, I think I'll let my students know about this one. =)
Has anybody decrypted the contest rules for STEM? I can't figure out what is going on their mess of a website.

Has anybody decrypted the contest rules for STEM? I can't figure out what is going on their mess of a website.

Here is what I make of it (High School section):
A. Make an original video game
B. To be eligible, you must be a US citizen/legal resident in one of the 50 states and enrolled in high school/home-school. You can only make one submission. If you submit more, you may be disqualified.
C. You must submit your entry by March 12th.
D. Write a game that complies with one of the entry thingies such as Video Game Design Document, Free Platform, Open Platform, etc. What each one needs is found in the rules
E. Guidelines are self explanatory but no credits sucks.
F. In Phase One of judging, judges determine if your game meets requirements. If it does, great, if it doesn't, too bad for you.
G. In Phase Two of judging, judges determine how you score based on the criteria listed in the rules.
H. You can have winners in each division listed.
I. If you win, you get cool stuff.

That's pretty much it. The High School rules can be reviewed in depth here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1483301/STEMChallenge/2012/STEMChallenge2012.HighSchoolRules.pdf

I also started making a video series documenting code I'm writing for my submission. Suggestions would be appreciated. Part one may be found here:

And yeah, my YouTube channel is quite a fail. I have no idea how people get popular on YouTube. Maybe it's by not uploading things most people won't search for T_T
hmm might enter of my game looks like it could go into a 'prototype' stage by then but i have my doubts
Yeah but the point is to enter a game that you wrote sometime during the entry period. Not an old but good game you have sitting around getting dusty on your desktop.
Yeah, my game's development started in the range however so I qualify. (If you were directing that comment toward me,) but yeah I agree anyone actually interested should be sure to only use a game that's started within the start and finish rather then just submitting a game they consider as their "best work."

Edit:
Reworded felt I may have posted it in a "rude" tone.
Oh sorry. I thought it was a bit of old code that you think could be easily perfected. My bad.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement