• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Sepiantum

I need inspiration for a simple game

This topic is 2528 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I recently signed up for the STEM video game challenge (http://stemchallenge.org/Default.aspx), but I'm at a lack of inspiration for a simple, playable, game idea, so I need help. Any suggestions for anything doable with C++ in a 2 month period?

Advertisement
2D or 3D, doesn't really matter, as long as I can create it within 2 months. Genre, preferably educational but puzzle, sidescrolling would also be nice. You can basically do anything for this competition, but I have no idea where to start with coming up with a game idea.

I recently signed up for the STEM video game challenge (http://stemchallenge.org/Default.aspx), but I'm at a lack of inspiration for a simple, playable, game idea, so I need help. Any suggestions for anything doable with C++ in a 2 month period?

Well, it is a game design challange where you need to proof your skills/creativity, not ours. When you can't come up with an own idea, just clone a game idea of a simple game you like....

How about one of those little evolution games - you generate a batch of randomized plants or creatures out of 2d or 3d polygons and some mathematical info about the color of each polygon. You let the player pick which two are the parents of the next generation. And for a small improvement on similar games, give the player a little inventory where they can store 6 or so plants/creatures they particularly like, and can optionally use those as one or both parents.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!