Visual C++ Express 2010 OpenGL for Windows 7 64 Bit Os?

Started by
5 comments, last by Tachikoma 12 years, 3 months ago
I've been trying to look for a tutorial online that will help me install OpenGL for a 64 bit os on Windows 7. I have been very unsuccessful in finding one. Any suggestions?

Dave
Advertisement
The necessary runtime libraries are already shipped with the operating system, and the necessary libraries for compilation are shipped with the Windows SDK. However, you also need a 64-bit compiler and I'm not sure the Express editions of Visual Studio have one.

So the typical cases are that you either have do to nothing or that you don't even have the option to compile 64-bit programs. In other cases, you need to be more specific with what problems you are having and what it is you're trying to install.
I have the express version of vc++ 2010 and it doesn't do 64 exe. It only does 32.
Sig: http://glhlib.sourceforge.net
an open source GLU replacement library. Much more modern than GLU.
float matrix[16], inverse_matrix[16];
glhLoadIdentityf2(matrix);
glhTranslatef2(matrix, 0.0, 0.0, 5.0);
glhRotateAboutXf2(matrix, angleInRadians);
glhScalef2(matrix, 1.0, 1.0, -1.0);
glhQuickInvertMatrixf2(matrix, inverse_matrix);
glUniformMatrix4fv(uniformLocation1, 1, FALSE, matrix);
glUniformMatrix4fv(uniformLocation2, 1, FALSE, inverse_matrix);
If you install Windows SDK 7.1, or higher, you can compile 64-bit code in Express. Make sure you change the Plaform Toolset to the latest SDK in your project's settings.
Latest project: Sideways Racing on the iPad
Okay yes, that makes sense. I installed the latest SDK. Now all I really must do is configure the GLUT library correct?
Sorry for the questions. I program quite frequently, but I'm not very knowledgeable in setting up APIs or External Libraries.
For GLUT, you will need to have 64-bit libraries available, and add them to your project's library list and paths.

Here is a 64-bit version of GLUT:
http://www.idfun.de/glut64/
Latest project: Sideways Racing on the iPad

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement