Debating on what type of game engine to use for android game. Need help

Started by
5 comments, last by furiousuk 12 years, 2 months ago
i'm going to make a game that is half crazy taxi and half Twisted Metal. I originally intended to make it 3D but I can't seem to find a decent 3D android engine. I intend to make this game avalible on the market for free and mainly to learn. I've designed the game from head to two but I'm missing 3D modelling and what not. I just need to find a good 3D engine for android that is free. Any tips clues or ideas?
Advertisement
Anyone know anything?
Not really debating, but you can try libgdx.
Try using Unity3D or use the Android API directly and write OpenGL and logic directly.
Thank you guys... I've decided to use Unity 3D since I'm not well versed with gamedevelopment yet. This works wonderfully! Thank you.
You may also want to check out Marmalade SDK. I've been using it for 2 games (for several different platforms including iOS and Android) and I'm really happy with it. If you want more information take a look my latest blog post that includes comparison of Marmalade and Unity3D:

http://gamedevcoder....ent-on-windows/
Maciej Sawitus
my blog | my games
That's a nice quick comparison, I've heard lots of good things about marmalade (and it's more accessible pricing policy) so it was good to read your summary.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement