Sprite Creator (Finished)

Started by
38 comments, last by BrianJensen 10 years, 7 months ago

No more ads when trying to download Sprite Creator 3!

Replaced Adfly download links with Bitly links as now Bitly has the features that I was using Adfly for.

Please visit me on www.facebook.com/spritecreator3 for all questions and comments. Follow Sprite Creator 3 to receive content updates.

Requires Java 6+ found here http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/jav...oads/index.html This program will NOT run if you do not have Java 6+ installed. Java 7 is recommended.

Updated 12-02-2013 All links current.

Current Update:
Added a new Sprite Creator 3 XP version.

Enable double clicking of runnable JAR file:
If you have not set file associations for ".jar" file types then right click "SprCre.jar" select "open with", go to where Java JRE is installed (usually c:/Program files (x86)/Java/jre7/bin" for 64bit java or "c:/Program Files/Java/jre7/bin" for 32bit java.) Select javaw.exe (Must use javaw.exe NOT java.exe) and click ok. That should make the the jar runnable on double click. Or you can run SprCre3.bat. The path after "c:/Program Files/Java/" may appear different but just select the jre folder.

Did you find this program useful? Help me promote this applet by going to my facebook page and liking and commenting there on the wall. Would love to hear what people have to say.

Sprite Creator 3:
Facebook Page
Twitter

NOTE: For entertainment and my personal use. Feel free to repost this where ever you like. If you would like the Source Code you can email me at Jensen_305@yahoo.com.

Generation is saved in png format with transparency enabled. The files are Saved in the "Saved" folder ;)

zhc9.png

yovv.png

Special Thanks:
Axerax at RPGRevolution for the Sprite Creator 3 splash.
Holder at RPGRevolution.com for your beard images.
Famitsu

Sprite Creator 3 Download (bitly > Mediafire)
Sprite Creator 3 Download (bitly > Rapidgator)

If you would like me to add resources that you made to this Sprite Creator PM a zip, I prefer mediafire please, and I'll see what I can do. If you would like to create resources for the project so I can add them I can provide how the image layouts are.

Sprite Creator 3 VX & XP

WARNING: I edit my posts constantly.

Advertisement

Released as is. No further updates will be done unless a major bug is found.

I may retract that statement. There are a few things I was going to add that never made the cut.

Changes I have made:
Reloading now only reloads the currect selected sex instead of resetting both. -Added to project

Changes I plan to make:
Save as bmp and create Allegro safe bitmap. 255,0,255 background.
Change colors via a pallete for each option.

Sprite Creator 3 VX & XP

Updated 1/18/2011
Added:
Combined the reloading either one or both Male and Female options to default into the same program.
Now when you click Save or Reload you can see that it has been clicked.
When dragging the mouse over options the last option is now correctly displayed in the preview window although this didn't affect the saved image.
A button to select if you want to reload both or just Male or Female options can now be selected.
Shrunk the size of the rar download by 3kb and the Jar file by a 3kb. Not a big change but a change non the less despite having added graphics.

No character options added or removed.

Sprite Creator 3 VX & XP

Just looking for feedback. No changes to announce.

I have been moving across the US and haven't had time to add any features.

Sprite Creator 3 VX & XP

I expanded it and tried to run index.html. I was receiving this error

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: SprCre : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

My Java information is
C:\>java -version
java version "1.6.0_29"
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_29-b11)
Java HotSpot™ Client VM (build 20.4-b02, mixed mode, sharing)

Running in Firefox 9.0.1

Edit: I just checked and got the same error on IE 8
This is not appropriate for FB, moved to YA.

I expanded it and tried to run index.html. I was receiving this error

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: SprCre : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

My Java information is
C:\>java -version
java version "1.6.0_29"
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_29-b11)
Java HotSpot™ Client VM (build 20.4-b02, mixed mode, sharing)

Running in Firefox 9.0.1

Edit: I just checked and got the same error on IE 8

Your Java is outdated and requires 7u2 to use. Please visit the oracle site http://www.oracle.co....html#javasejdk for version 7u2. Also the path to the index.html file requires there be no spaces. IE c:/Users/SomeName/Desktop/SprCre is acceptable. Any spaces and saving will return an error.

This is not appropriate for FB, moved to YA.

thanks

Sprite Creator 3 VX & XP

Updating the download as of 4-30-2012. Was being lazy with fixing errors, but I have completed with the ones that I knew about.

-Changed small parts of code which really is not seen on the users end.

-Fixed the file output name in the correct format.

Sprite Creator 3 VX & XP

Changed a few things. Mainly cosmetic.

-Ability to save both female and male sprite sheets at the same time added.
-Added a button to show what the sprite looks like scaled 2 times
-Saves where you left off when you change sex (ie if body, hair...are selected when you switch they will again be selected when you return)
-Changed the way the buttons and title splash looks like
-reorganized the layout to accommodate more features or different options

Sprite Creator 3 VX & XP

Updated the way you Save All and Reload All to 1 click rather than having to click 2 buttons to do one task.

Sprite Creator 3 VX & XP

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement