Second blender model

Started by
3 comments, last by Burnskagen 12 years, 3 months ago
I have now learned proper texturing and generally improved my skills. Here is a lockpick I made:

pick.png

What do you think? biggrin.png Am I making progress? Here is the original thing which I made the textures of, and that I used as reference:

http://bb.xieke.com/files/DSC02038.jpg
Advertisement
You should show the wireframe and a clean clay render.

Now it doesn't look like you reference, the bend you mad just looks like damage, try making a cleaner curve in the grip. It's also to slim overall especially noticeable on the thin piece.

You are probably better off to make 2 separate objects for the grip and the thin piece.
Ok thanks, I will do that
It is hard to say if you made any progress. Many game artists start with simple, standard objects everybody knows from games like crates,boxes,barrels etc. Don't do too many things at the same time. First the model, then the texture, then the presentation (render). Each step should be represented with an image, the texture and unwrapping should be represented separately.

It is hard to say if you made any progress. Many game artists start with simple, standard objects everybody knows from games like crates,boxes,barrels etc. Don't do too many things at the same time. First the model, then the texture, then the presentation (render). Each step should be represented with an image, the texture and unwrapping should be represented separately.

Ok ;) Thanks for the tip

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement