• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
phil67rpg

space wars game

This topic is 2524 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

well I have decided to make a simple space wars game first. any advice would be helpful, I have already drawn two ships and one can fire bullets.I am using opengl and c.

Advertisement
I would suggest you write down everything you expect from this game, design wise. Design documents are extremely useful in developing, as they're the blue print to your program. You should look at other Space games similar to what you're looking to create, you might pick up some good ideas.

If you have any questions, post them! We cannot give you a high amount of advice on a generic concept with no problems, as it's your game.

At what level of programming are you? Have you made games before, are you brand new to programming, have you made plenty of apps but no games yet?

On top of that, what kind of advice are you looking for?

Without this info i'd say drop openGL and get a good framework to start with.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!