Sign in to follow this  
SteveDeFacto

Trying to use eclipse.

SteveDeFacto    109
Created an empty c++ project. Added a cpp file. Then I typed the following code:

[CODE]
int main()
{

return 0;
}[/CODE]

When I build it I get:

[quote]LINK : fatal error LNK1561: entry point must be defined[/quote]

That's when I use the Microsoft Visual C++ toolchain but when I use the GCC tool chain I get this error:

[quote]
Cannot run program "make": Launching failed
Error: Program "make" is not found in PATH[/quote]

wqking    761
Hi

From your another post about cross platform data type, I think you are focusing on cross platform C++ development.

Not to answer your this question, I would share my some experience on cross platform development.

1, Eclipse + CDT was a pain to me. AFAIR, I tried and gave it up immediately.
2, There is lacking of elegant cross platform IDEs. Code::blocks maybe good, but still painful to debug.
3, So, I would recommend, use a cross platform building system, which can generate project file for each IDEs.

Currently I'm using CMake. It works quite well with VC, MingW, Mac, Linux, and it can generate projects for VC, C::B, and XCode.
When I need to debug, I use CMake to generate project for VC and I use VC 2008 Express (Free!) to debug.
If I need to debug on Linux, just generate another project for C::B.
That's all, easy and elegant.

Just my 2 cents and very personal experience, hope it will help you.

SteveDeFacto    109
[quote name='wqking' timestamp='1326635337' post='4902950']
Hi

From your another post about cross platform data type, I think you are focusing on cross platform C++ development.

Not to answer your this question, I would share my some experience on cross platform development.

1, Eclipse + CDT was a pain to me. AFAIR, I tried and gave it up immediately.
2, There is lacking of elegant cross platform IDEs. Code::blocks maybe good, but still painful to debug.
3, So, I would recommend, use a cross platform building system, which can generate project file for each IDEs.

Currently I'm using CMake. It works quite well with VC, MingW, Mac, Linux, and it can generate projects for VC, C::B, and XCode.
When I need to debug, I use CMake to generate project for VC and I use VC 2008 Express (Free!) to debug.
If I need to debug on Linux, just generate another project for C::B.
That's all, easy and elegant.

Just my 2 cents and very personal experience, hope it will help you.
[/quote]

Yes that is what I'm trying to do and I'm actually already using cmake.

daviangel    604
Which version of Elipse are you trying to use?
As you know there is a billion versions and using the right version is the first problem [img]http://public.gamedev.net//public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.png[/img]
Anyways, this might help.
[b] [url="http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/os-ecl-vscdt/"]Migrate Visual Studio C and C++ projects to Eclipse CDT[/url][/b]