• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
nuclear123

Win32 window above directX full Screen App?

This topic is 2526 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Not that I know of...that would kinda defeat the purpose of a full-screen app, wouldn't it? Typically fullscreen D3D application will completely "own" the display they're using, in that the contents of their backbuffer will be directly displayed onto that monitor by the GPU. In D3D9 there's a method on the device called SetDialogBoxMode that's supposed to let you display child windows under some limited circumstances, but I have no idea how well it works since I've never used it. There also doesn't seem to be any equivalent under DXGI.

If we're talking DirectX in fullscreen exclusive, I don't think it's possible. You could do fake fullscreen in Dx and then the dx window can be treated like any other window.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!