• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Greg Beaver

Finding/Setting up Second Life code for editing

This topic is 2522 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I'm in a game development class and my professor told me that second life is an open source game. I'd like to try to work within Snowglobe or the client viewer verison 3. But am having zero luck being able tyo get it to work... can anyone lead me in the right direction??

I have ubuntu and windows platforms!

Thanks! :)

Advertisement
An Open Source Portal is provided with a lot of information that may be of use to you; in particular you probably want to look at getting source and compiling.

Does that documentation give you enough information to get started? If you're still having trouble, what specifically don't you understand? Tell us which steps you've already done, what you're having trouble with, and anything that simply outright doesn't make sense to you.

Do be aware that if you're still a beginner working with the source of a large project such as Second Life may not be within your current skill-set -- it certainly won't hurt to take a look, but don't be surprised if you find you need to spend some more time learning before you're really able to get a grasp of how things are done in a larger package.

Hope that helps! smile.png

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!