Binaries hosted?

Started by
10 comments, last by WitchLord 12 years, 2 months ago
Hi all,

Is anyone hosting Angelcode lib binaries anywhere, built with the best possible builds for each system?

If not, this would be a heckuva nice resource for guys like me who are good at Windows, but fairly lame at Mac and iOS...
Advertisement
If anyone is I would like to know too. :)

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

When I get some time tonight Ill write a script to generate builds for Linux. I can do 32 and 64 bit builds with and without debug symbols. Ill do it for releases and svn.
Taking a little longer because I decided to take this as a opportunity to learn python for the first time. I've got most of it done, only have a little more work to do to make sure it doesn't compile the same revisions twice.

Andreas: What would you like included in the package? Would you like me to include documentation?
I think the precompiled binaries just need to include the binaries and the matching angelscript.h header file.

Regards,
Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

I think the precompiled binaries just need to include the binaries and the matching angelscript.h header file.

That was my thought too, although I did include a build log incase the person is interesed. I generated builds for the subversion repository and releases. The snapshots are built each hour so I won't gurantee each revsion will be built. Instead it'll be up-to-date each hour.

http://builds.angelscript.jeremyh.net/

I'll do some more improvements, such as displaying the latest release number and revsion number. Also I'll try to get the sort fixed so that the newest revision is at the top. Also maybe I should add Linux into the file name? I also will need to write a script to do some sort of clean up on the Snapshots folder, to save say X number of revisions or for X number of days maybe.

One odd thing I've noticed is that 64-Bit builds are bigger than 32-Bit ones, any idea as to why?.
Would you want me to use any optimizations on the release package?
Great news. I'll add a link to this page on the library download page so people can find it.

I think -O2 is probably the best optimization level for the release version.

It's only to be expected that different CPU targets give different library sizes. The actual compiled code is different.

How does the automated build detect the official releases?

Great news. I'll add a link to this page on the library download page so people can find it.

I think -O2 is probably the best optimization level for the release version.

Okay, I'll build them with O2.

How does the automated build detect the official releases?

Right now it doesn't, I ran it manually. But I think I could poll the tags maybe once a day to see if you made a new release, that should work just fine.
I've updated the script to automate releases. It'll poll the tags once a day to see if a new tag has been created, if so it'll build it. The package in /Releases was built using the new script.

Also I forgot to include the header in the package, that was fixed. The release packages are now built with -O2 optimizations.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement