• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
PhilTaylor

New Blog post, new Intel Samples

This topic is 2523 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have not posted on what Intel is doing for game developers in a while; I wanted to update everyone on some sample updates that happened late last year. In a future post I will cover what Intel provided to game developers in 2011. In that future post I will talk to some of the patterns in what we delivered in 2011.

SNB Terrain is here, its abstract states:
This sample demonstrates how to render large-scale terrains on Sandy Bridge in real time by efficiently distributing the tasks between the CPU cores and the processor graphics unit. The input height map is preprocessed into a hierarchical quad tree representation which is used to render the terrain with adaptively selected level of detail (LOD). The adaptive simplified triangulation is compactly encoded to save run-time processing and memory space. LOD construction is asynchronously performed by the CPU cores while rendering is done by the processor graphics unit, which provides stable frame rate.

Tasking Update is here, its abstract states:
This update to the samples adds two new back-ends to the original Task Manager API. The back-ends replace the original implementation's use of TBB with Microsoft Concurrency Runtime and a custom Windows* Thread based scheduler. In addition to the new backend, mechanisms were added to allow for runtime switching between them. The new back-ends and the runtime switch are applied to the previously shipped Colony, Morphological Anti-Aliasing, and Multi-Threaded Animation samples.
These shipped right before Christmas, and might have been missed.

The Intel Gaming and Graphics Samples Team would love to hear feedback either here or on the Intel graphics forums here, both on how you find these samples and what you'd like to see us develop in the future.

Thanks for listening,

Phil

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!