• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
TrianglesPCT

Precomputed Atmospheric Scattering

This topic is 2521 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello--

I'm implementing Bruneton's precomputed atmospheric scattering and have stumbled over a slight issue.

I can always see the outline of the planets sphere, even through terrain.. here is a photo highlighting the problem to demonstrate.

Looking at other photos people have posted with this algorithm I actually see that many of them exhibited the same problem...

Here, another post on gamedev, in the first photo, I see the sphere through the terrain...

This photo also contains the problem

Does anyone know if there is a way to avoid this rather ugly artifact?

Thanks

Advertisement
I can't help you with your issue, but what I can say is that I recommend using Spherical Harmonics for Atmospherical Scattering, since from my personal experiments, they seem to provide a higher frame rate, and also include a easily extenable SSS implementation, and even provide a very good method of lighting

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!