• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
wforl

Perforce

This topic is 2520 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm trying to introduce myself to using source control as I have no experience with any of the avaliable tools. So I've picked up Peforce and am trying to run through some of the common tasks someone might do in a general team of programmers.

One task I thought would be beneficial, would be to roll back a file to a previous working version, such as in the example where a new code change was causing issues. My initial thoughts on this was to :

- check out the file
- roll it back
- check in the file

But I don't any options to do this. I can roll back a file without checking it out in my workspace or on the server, using the right click menu. But wouldn't the correct way to do this be to first check it out?

Another way I thought of was to :

- check out the file
- Get an earlier revision
- check in the file

When I do this though, with the file still checked out, the server shows the earlier revision. Why is that? And secondly it doesnt allow me to submit with the error of not having the latest revision.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!