Hiring OpenGL teacher [PAYING 10$]

Started by
8 comments, last by MarkS_ 12 years, 2 months ago
Ok, so I need someone to teach me some OpenGL, because I feel that I do not have the understanding I need to make a good game in it.
I already know C++ and OOP, although I may be unsure some times, I feel that I am rather fluid in the language.

I know basic 3d maths, and I know the basics of the library openGL.

Would anybody be willing to help me? Join me in a chat and explain to me how I write a loader for example? Step by step?

I will pay you 10$ over paypal once I successfully have achieved the following:

* Know how to make shaders and apply them to the program
* understand how to draw and manipulate the view, the lightning, the textures, the models and so on.
* Know how to make a loader to load files from blender into openGL and use the models there
* Maybe some small things I come up with later, but if it is too big you can deny.
Advertisement
Most people here answer to quick questions for free. For a complete course, you know there are school out there teaching that, and it cost multiple hundreds, maybe thousands of dollar to follow the courses, not 10$.

Most people here answer to quick questions for free. For a complete course, you know there are school out there teaching that, and it cost multiple hundreds, maybe thousands of dollar to follow the courses, not 10$.

I am not interested in a school course, but someone giving me some directions over skype or something. I see where you are going though.
A book costs 20 dollars.

NBA2K, Madden, Maneater, Killing Floor, Sims http://www.pawlowskipinball.com/pinballeternal

A book costs 20 dollars.

Not sure what you mean, but I have a book. There is a huge jump from theory to action and full understanding though.
Well what book do you have? I only read 2 opengl books a while ago (Beginning/More OpenGL game programming) those got me going. It takes a lot of time, trial and error. You can try nehe.gamedev.net to get started with primitives, once you can draw a triangle, you can pretty much load a model of triangles and thats most of the work.

NBA2K, Madden, Maneater, Killing Floor, Sims http://www.pawlowskipinball.com/pinballeternal

i recommend going to this site www.directxtutorial.com. Yes, i know it is a direct x tutorial site, but the creator has Win32 API tutorials and inside of those tutorials gives you information about the main loop and game design theory. that would give you an idea on how you can use the Win32 API to create a window. After that you can search through the table of contents and maybe a few ebooks online to see if the book is going to give you a comprehensive direction for your needs. I am not promoting piracy, just saying it's a bummer buying a 30-40 dollar book and find out that it sucks. Hope that i was of some help :).
For OpenGL, I would start here. It's the site I used when learning OpenGL 3.x.
I'm sure you could just get some stuff off of the internet to get you started for free. Ask your unsure questions here. You can probably get a bunch of OpenGL stuff of of the internet for free. And also, this isn't 1800. 10 dollars might buy me lunch. I wouldn't mentor someone just for lunch.

C dominates the world of linear procedural computing, which won't advance. The future lies in MASSIVE parallelism.

I have one book on OpenGL programming, the Red Book. It covers GL 1.1 and has been outdated as long as I have had it. I learned 99.9% of what I know, which I fully admit is limited, by using Google, OpenGL.org's forum and this forum. I ask questions. A LOT of questions. That being said, I would be embarrassed to offer someone $10 an hour for training in this subject, much less $10 total. Even with my limited subset of OpenGL knowledge, if I were to train you with what I know for money, I wouldn't charge less than $50 a session and it would take several one on one sessions.

I recommend that you use the internet to its fullest. Do research on your own (that includes asking questions here). Save your money for other things.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement