FX file fails to apply proper technique+rapid decrease in framerate?

Started by
2 comments, last by ankhd 12 years, 3 months ago
f1f130e19681b6ee.png
this is what happens when I apply any FX file on my planet model(it usually has a red texture),I tried all sorts of effect files,some cause grey waves on the edges,some cut the sphere in half,but none work properly,why would that be?I'm using the standart procedure - load,set a handle to next technique,set parameters,do the loop with passes..
Advertisement
Can we see your loading/rendering and effect file code?
There's no "hard", and "the impossible" takes just a little time.

Can we see your loading/rendering and effect file code?

Yes,I have actualy also written it here,the code is posted here http://stackoverflow...t-work-properly and I have a link to 2 fx files I tried in the comment,but it seems that nowhere anyone can help me with thos problem.I mean yeah,some of them were ps_1_x but I fixed them and still they render not how the're supposed to or the entire geometry just dissapears and the frame rate drops 5-fold...

Also,to someone inexperienced like me,do you think it's even a good idea to use an Effect class used by Model classes anyway?Or is it better to make an effect class use model classes,since Begin() and End() are probably heavy,so it would probably be better to just call it once for all models instead of once in each?
Hi.
you seem to have a lot of fx params in that file , so you should first check all return values from each call to GetParameterBySemantic.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement