• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
MichaelSalmon

Survey regarding Goals in Computer Games...volunteers needed!

This topic is 2506 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Greetings,

I am currently a student study studying Computer Games Design at University, and of need of some volunteers to carry out a survey. The aim of this electronic survey is to understanding and explaining the preference for a variety of goal choices, in relation to self-determination and achievement orientation theories in current generation gamers.

It is a three part questionnaire focusing on player goal orientation, and open to individuals with any experience in playing any current Computer Game, on any gaming platform. The questionnaire should take no more than 15 minutes, and ONLY ONE questionnaire needs to be completed. You must be aged 18 and above, due ethics and age rating boundaries. Any confidential information will be kept under strict confidence covered under the data protection act, with anonymity given to all those surveyed.

Please answer ALL questions as accurately as possible. Answer as you really are, not as the person you would like to be, or how you think others view you. There are no right or wrong answers. If you are unsure with an answer, choose the answer that is most appropriate. Some questions may appear to be similar, but this is the manor of the questionnaire and the topics it relates to. All questions should be answered as if they were unique, and not in reference to questions perceived to be related. Please click on the link below to begin the survey

https://www.surveymo...s/goalsandgames

Thank you very much for your time and your help is greatly appreciated. Once all research has been gathered I will be quite happy to post the results on this thread allowing for further discussion on the topic.

Advertisement
Too many near-identical questions are liable to frustrate potential respondents. Whatever dubious value asking the same question in four (4!) different wordings may have to you, is it really worth alienating potential respondents?

Thanks for your feedback. Much of the research refers to a series of research papers that have influenced and been altered to fit in with computer games. I understand that many of the questions may appear to be similar, but that is the nature of the research. This is much my first attempt at this area of research, and of course may have a few issues. However, I have been over the questionnaire many times with my supervisor and they seemed happy with the questions. Much of the feedback so far has be regarding the similar questions which was an unforeseen problem, which can go towards the limitations of the project. Not trying to make excuses, but all experience go towards making future research more valid and accurate. Thank you again for your feedback.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!