Write a story for this game concept

Started by
54 comments, last by b615421998 11 years, 4 months ago
hey there,

We are looking for a story to compliment our game setting. Below is a simple discription of the game which you will need to use in the story you are creating. Good luck and maybe you will get chosen smile.png (creditted/payed eventually!)

" It's key elements are immersion, mystic, horror (scare factor), exploration... and total fear of the unknown. Aesthetically we are aiming for vast dense forests/villages filled with mysterious places and old industrial buildings, ready to be explored. Central to the game's design and story is the "Tower", a huge tower complex that emits one of the scariest ambience's noises ever, reminiscence of Silent Hill. "

this thread is aimed at aspiring/talented writers looking for a chance to get their name out there. We are a beginning indie developer so we do not have a big budget, hence the reason we are looking for a aspiring writer with talent and ambition. We are not asking for a script of any kind. A simple 100-500 word pitch is fine smile.png

ps. feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Early Alpha Ingame Pic.

358urtc.jpg
Some reference photo's.
zwf8s5.jpg
2r7wv1z.jpg
jpfvb6.jpg
8y57p0.jpg
k2fsxf.jpg
Advertisement
I can't think of anything at the moment but I sure would like to play haha
so, you are asking a kind of writers massacre, hoping to get the wonder story for your game? no one will reply with a story, you need to ask the writer and pay for his/her art.
Electronic, Hard House, Film Music

88 preview tracks to listen to online + artist forums

And my projects Vanethian, and X-tivity Factor

so, you are asking a kind of writers massacre, hoping to get the wonder story for your game? no one will reply with a story, you need to ask the writer and pay for his/her art.

this thread is aimed at aspiring writers looking for a chance to get their name out there. We are a beginning indie developer so we do not have a big budget, hence the reason we are looking for a aspiring writer with talent and ambition. We are not asking for a script of any kind. A simple 100-500 word pitch is fine :)
ok, now it's more reasonable :)
Electronic, Hard House, Film Music

88 preview tracks to listen to online + artist forums

And my projects Vanethian, and X-tivity Factor
What kind of gameplay?

What kind of gameplay?

Hey there eugene2k,

the gameplay will consist of exploration, puzzles and hiding. There will also be first person combat, yet limited to keep the focus on immersion/fear.
Something like Amnesia then?

Something like Amnesia then?

Think of Amnesia combined with S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Silent Hill and your onto something ;P
Nobody could explain to me what happened the first night the bloodbell rang. It had been years since anyone had gone near that tower. Farmers claimed it scared the animals. Made no sense to us. That was about the time they started disappearing. I thought sure it was set to fall over or maybe burn it was so rotted. But then that sound...

Wasn't but a month later people started getting worried. Food was tough to come by. Nights were getting longer and darker week by week, and still every night they waited in the corners of their barns and kitchens, one flame lighting their faces, hoping that bell wouldn't ring because when it did the monsters came.

There's only three of us left. Food is gone. Water is poisoned for the most part. We know the dogs can smell our enemy, so we chased down the last stray. Old man Marshall's got his pick. I found a fishing knife. We've got but an hour until nightfall. If the bell rings tonight, there's no way we can survive. We've got strength left for one trip up those rickety stairs. One chance to silence that cursed bell for good.

If you're reading this, stay away from the wood tower in Sillowy's Field. Pray you never hear what we have. Pray you never hear the bloodbell ring.
--

Don't need to get my name out there but if you need creative writing and the graphics/voices to go with it, we'd be happy to hear more about your project. :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement