working_logo_by_littlenorwegians-d4ngl02.png

Video 1: Introduction
Youtube
Vimeo
Gametrailers

Video 2: Story and Setting
Youtube
Vimeo

The first video in the development series can be viewed now.
Be sure to discuss the episode on our forums, here.

Leave us a comment, please.
- Littlenorwegians
http://retrodungeon.net/

Advertisement
Hey, looks really cool and I like the style smile.png , thought the video quality is somewhat bad (afterglow effect, to much interpolation).

Hey, looks really cool and I like the style smile.png , thought the video quality is somewhat bad (afterglow effect, to much interpolation).

I know. I think I've fixed it now. Speaking of which.

Retro Dungeon - Video 2: Story & Setting

Youtube

Vimeo

Check out the website and forums.

This video deals with the story and setting, which will lend context to the setting. These are the bare-bones of the world (Important not to overload people with info) and more will come in future videos.

Any thoughts?

I really like it, the second video quality is much better, thought I would add some action sequences (ingame) to break up the flow somewhat. The visuals really get a retro feeling, you should consider to create a developer journal here on gamedev, it is free.

For ingame videos I would sugguest either fraps ($$$) or taksi (free). When your game is time based, you can half the frame time to slow down your game by half. Then record your ingame material with taksi and use a video processing tool to double the video speed up again. This will give you more fps and a smoother video playback.

I really like it, the second video quality is much better, thought I would add some action sequences (ingame) to break up the flow somewhat. The visuals really get a retro feeling, you should consider to create a developer journal here on gamedev, it is free.

Developer journal? Sounds fun. Tell me more.

Next one will have a tad more action, most likey, seeing how I am working on combat right now.
Hey, so first of all. New video delayed because, well, you can read here.
Basically, I am afraid of show bare-bones combat because though it might function, it's not exactly presentable.

But the big thing. I am looking for voice actors. I'm basically looking everywhere, so here is as good as any other place, right?
So, if you are interested or know a place I could ask for some, please say so.

Here's a link to a few of the roles and some details.
http://michaeltillma...php?topic=517.0

Feel free to talk if anything seems out of order/missing to you.
Thanks. smile.png
New video released

Thoughts?
New video!

Thoughts?

But the big thing. I am looking for voice actors. I'm basically looking everywhere, so here is as good as any other place, right?
So, if you are interested or know a place I could ask for some, please say so.

When you need affordable sound effects take a look here: http://www.gamedev.net/topic/616168-affordable-sfx-libraries/

Comment & critique:
Your videos are a little bit too long, too much overhead and somewhat "annoying" advertising (donation, website, doom video footprints etc.). Shorter videos which showing off a single feature without all the overhead (small intro 5-10s, footage,small credits with donation shot etc..) would be best, thought I have to learn it myself too tongue.png (mine video is 10mins long.... far too long unsure.png ).
Well, the recent one is big because it covers a lot of things and it was a long time since I made a vid.
The next videos will be like the old ones. Talking about one or two features before ending.
Though, the other ones are about 2-3 minutes which should be short enough IMO.

Dunno what you mean by "annoying" though.
Do expand. :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement