• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
EvilWeebl

Assimp creating FileNotFoundException?

This topic is 2509 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have 3 projects in my solution; a native engine that produces a lib, a managed interface that uses that engine lib and creates a dll, and a managed Editor that uses that dll and accesses the engine through the managed interface. Ive recently been trying to implement assimp the asset importer into my engine and as soon as I have all the include and lib directories included and include the headers its all building and compiling fine. As soon as I try and utilise even the first bit of assimp my managed editor decides to through out this error at runtime:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'ManagedInterface.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.

Its fine when I comment out the single line of code relating to assimp and runs perfectly but as soon as I uncomment it it will crash at runtime again.

It's probably not directly significant but this is the line of code in my engine:

Assimp::Importer importer;

I figure it must have something to do with the way my include or lib directories are set up or something with assimp isn't getting built correctly.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!