Compiling with Marmalade

Started by
13 comments, last by WitchLord 12 years, 2 months ago
I saw that Kite managed to get it to work, but I can't find where he attached the code. Perhaps it is necessary to be logged in in order to see the attachments.

Do you mind posting the code here too?

As I said before, I'll gladly make the necessary changes to make AngelScript compatible with Marmalade. It will be great to have yet another supported platform that users can use AngelScript on.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Advertisement

I saw that Kite managed to get it to work, but I can't find where he attached the code. Perhaps it is necessary to be logged in in order to see the attachments.

Yes, I did not realise that but it seems you are correct.

Do you mind posting the code here too?

I don't expect Kite will mind, so I have attached it.
Thanks. I've checked in the changes to the SVN (revision 1152).

Kite got everything right. I just made a few minor changes to fit my own coding style.

I also made the library recognize either AS_MARMALADE or just MARMALADE to propertly detect the SDK. One or the other needs to be given in the project settings. You don't have to specify AS_NO_THREADS in your project settings to make it work. (you may want to anyway to get slightly better performance)

By the looks of it, the only thing that may need to be done on Linux or Mac for Marmalade may be to turn off the atomic instructions with AS_NO_ATOMIC. If you get a chance to try this on those other platforms, or perhaps someone else from the Marmalade community does, please let me know and I'll have those changes done as well.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Thanks again! smile.png

It still works for me. I've merged in Kite's other changes (in the add ons directory) to my local version, while using your version of as_config.h (as_debug.h is the same anyway).

Having been through and diffed the changes to the add ons, I think those are pretty safe to merge into trunk as well, just be aware that some of these files have been updated in trunk since version 2.2.2 which is what we've been working from. The attached patch file contains just the necessary changes by Kite, which should make it easy to merge in locally and review.

Note that these are just the minimum add ons required to get the Hello World example to run. It looks like these 3 are pretty essential for most things. If I find that I need any of the others and can get them to compile myself, I'll submit patches for those too. If there is wider interest over on the Marmalade forums I'll see if anyone can help with testing the patches on different compilers before submitting. If not, I believe I need to use GCC to compile ARM binaries so I'll get to that myself eventually.
My bad. I didn't check the add-ons for changes.

I've applied the patch in revision 1154.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement