• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Uthman

Android WebView

This topic is 2509 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm programming a small Android app. It's basically an HTML5 jQueryMobile application displayed in an Android WebView. I noticed that jQM's rounded corner CSS for input elements gets all funky and pixelated in the WebView (even when zoom is disabled). This artification is also present when I view my pages within Android's default browser.

When I view my pages on a regular machine or even on Firefox mobile / opera mini, they render properly. Here are some screenshots taken from my device. The one on the left is from the web view.

Is there any way to get the webview to render the CSS properly / get better quality?

8VOFA.png

Advertisement
I get a similar thing on android, but with the basic gui drawing functions. Using the DrawRoundRect() function which is part of the Canvas class, I get rounded rectangles that are square on one end and rounded on the other. Maybe its a bug with the low level gui drawing functions. I managed to improve it a little by turning on anit aliasing but it still wasnt correct.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!