OpenGL and Open VG with Qt or SFML?

Started by
1 comment, last by Kurasu1415 12 years, 2 months ago
Hey Everyone,
I am developing a game that will utilize SVGs for all of the art. I am unsure on what collection of APIs/Frameworks I should use. I was thinking about using SFML, and just open up an OpenGL and OpenVG context and go from there. I have also been told that Qt has some decent Vector Graphics functionality built in, and was wondering what you guys thought of that. The graphics will need to be changed on the fly as well.

Are there any performance issues with Qt that anyone knows of? Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Thanks,
Kurasu1415
Advertisement
What OpenVG implementation are you planning on using? Last time I checked, the reference implementation was fairly slow (as is usually the case).

I have no experience with QT's vector graphics capabilities, but I've heard good things. If you are looking for further options you should consider cairo and librsvg. They are working very well for my purposes (mainly GUI rendering).
I was told that Cairo and librsvg are very slow. I need to load them and re-render on the fly for deformations and such. I supposed I will have to do some research of my own.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement