Who to contact about help with GDNet+?

Started by
4 comments, last by tehgarra 8 years, 1 month ago
Not really a site suggestion, comment, etc. Just wondering because on 3 different occasions, I was sent an email about my GDNet+ subscription ending, and on two of them I paid (I have the paypal receipts and bank receipts), yet my subscription expired.

Just trying to find an email button for people with issues regarding the site.
Advertisement
Send in a support ticket from this page

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

For the record, you can reach that page via normal site navigation in future when logged in by:

1. Clicking your name at the top of the site to drop down further options.
  2. Click "client area".
  3. From the menu on the left, choose "support".
  4. In the upper right, click "new request".

Any chance we could make that easier for people to find, or at least re-name "client area" to something more friendly Drew? I'd be surprised if anyone could find that easily without being told where it is -- at the least, we should provide a link to it somewhere on the GDNet+ Subscriptions page, which is somewhere people might be likely to look if they're having problems.

- Jason Astle-Adams

Thank you for the link. As jbadams stated, I avoided Client Area as it really wasn't exactly what I was expecting it to be.

Anyway, I clicked on the link provided, as well as went to the support link through the client area, but neither work.

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/var/lib/php/session/sess_ppkuv5uqm2k0l9ed32eqa4jmv1, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /var/www/gamedev/admin/applications_addon/ips/nexus/modules_public/support/new.php on line 34

Using IE9 and tried both compatibility and non compatibility. (Choice of an internet browser is a impossibility atm).

Anyway, I clicked on the link provided, as well as went to the support link through the client area, but neither work.

hrm, I get the same message but it appears at the top of the page in FF v10 and the page still seems to load normally for me. Mike will have to look into it.

Any chance we could make that easier for people to find, or at least re-name "client area" to something more friendly Drew? I'd be surprised if anyone could find that easily without being told where it is -- at the least, we should provide a link to it somewhere on the GDNet+ Subscriptions page, which is somewhere people might be likely to look if they're having problems.

yea, Client Area is just the default wording that IPS uses. We can certainly edit the language pack to change it. Suggestions? It does do more than just offer a way to send in support tickets so I think the name is fine in describing the entire section.

Having a direct support link on the GDNet+ page is a good idea though.

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

I don't think the support tickets are working. I submitted one about a failed payment in november and never got a response. I've been having issues ever since and thought that no admins bothered with it anymore...

Sorry, just noticed this was from 2012. I thought it was from one month ago

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement