• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
ms75214

Tiled

This topic is 2509 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

What do you guys think about the Tiled program at http://www.mapeditor.org/?

Is this any good or a waste of time?

Advertisement
It does what it says it does. Whether it is good or waste of time depends on what you want to use it for. For creating/editing tiled maps it's good.

It does what it says it does. Whether it is good or waste of time depends on what you want to use it for. For creating/editing tiled maps it's good.

[color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=1] i get this error:

You can't open the application Tiled because it is not supported on this type of Mac.

what's that mean?

here's my specs:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook1,1
Processor Name: Intel Core Duo
Processor Speed: 1.83 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 2 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MB11.0061.B03
SMC Version (system): 1.4f12

System Software Overview:

System Version: Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549)
Kernel Version: Darwin 10.8.0
Boot Volume: Macintosh HD
Boot Mode: Normal[/font]

You might want to contact them to find out what's wrong. We don't normally provide application-specific support.

I never got tiled working in combination with XNA but i can surely see it's usefulness. Still, if you want efficiency and a lot of custom stuff for your maps your better off making your own tile engine since you know what it needs to do.

I have no experience with mac's (i even dislike mac's :D), so can't help you out on the error. Did you download the proper release for you mac's OS?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!