• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
thedodgeruk

convert a project to lib or dll

This topic is 2507 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

at the mo i have a visual studio project .
its my 3rd year game engine project ,
i would like to convert it to a more engine like so that the insides can not be tampered with , by converting it to a .lib files and make a little wizard to start it up with the baasic start code for running the engine
were can i find this out pease

Advertisement
Hmmm, i'd like to know this too so it's said nobody replied to this yet. What i do now is create a helper library in the same project and copy/paste the stuff i need for my project into it. This often results in copying a lot of classes while i could just write:

using MyAwesomeLibraryThatIsAlwaysNeeded;

So, i bump this.

I you are using c++ creating a LIB is very easy, just change the application type to lib and in your projects link to this lib and include all the headers from the engine.

If you want to create dll, you probably should have thought about that before you started with the engine since it require you to really split apart the engine with interfaces and if you want to make the dll portable you can only have a C interface.

Also state what language you are using. smile.png

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!