EffectEd - an HLSL editor

Started by
1 comment, last by AvengerDr 9 years, 8 months ago
Hey,

A while ago I showed my first test version for a lightweight HLSL editor for integration in daily programming.

I have been working quite a bit on it since then (in spare time), so I now proudly present:

EffectEd v0.1

Main Features:
* syntax highlighting
* waterproof error checking using the Direct3D compiler
* intelligent code completion
* support for splitting D3D 11 shaders over multiple files (= compile using shaderprofiles)

Check out codeplex for the full feature list and details and watch the video to see it in action.

The binaries have some bugfixes that the sources don't have yet (had some big issues with an attempt to use GitHub and lost some work *grrr*)

greetings.
Advertisement

Great tool, thanks!

Any improvements planned?

Crealysm game & engine development: http://www.crealysm.com

Looking for a passionate, disciplined and structured producer? PM me

That looks very nice! Do you think it would be possible to extract the syntax highlighting part of your app? I have built this Shader Generator tool that allows you to generate an HLSL shader by means of a graph of nodes and generate the required meta-data so that it can be initialized automatically in the 3D engine. The actual post linked there is about an old version, I have made more progress on it. Anyway in my tool I have a feature that allows you to view the generated code. I am using a 3rd party colorizer library which doesn't support HLSL syntax. So I was wondering if it could be possible to use that part of your app in my own open source project.

Edit: just realized this was an old post. Oh well, it might still be useful after all..

--Avengers UTD Chronicles - My game development blog

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement