[Offering] Volunteer Work for Committed Dev Team. (more info...)

Started by
0 comments, last by jbadams 12 years, 2 months ago
Lets get this out now before moderators take this down: I am[size=8] [font=times new roman,times,serif]UNABLE[/font] to post in the "Help Wanted" Thread. Thanks.
Now for the actual topic...

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]First of all, I would love to tell you a little bit more about my work ethic and who I am as a person. I am an AVID gamer and gaming activist. I know how to run things smoothly and I know how to make games that people LOVE. What people REALLY love is an awesome community behind awesome games. Luckily I am part of many many gaming, and game developing forums! I have many opinions about the games I create and the games I am helping to develop. I am not the type of guy who quits on projects. I not only FINISH what I start, but always I EXECUTE it well.I've been designing games for quite a while now and I'm not the kind of person to tell anyone lies about what could possibly work, I know what looks good and I know what looks like a shitty game. Let's not fool ourselves. [/font]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I am currently designing a uniquely themed STBS (Simultaneous Turn Based Strategy) game that is designed for multiplayer fun and success. I have hopes for a developing team like you to accept me as a fellow developer helping the game design area of the dev team. Once I am recruited I can share all of the details for my [/font]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I've been studying a broad range of indie games and I've noticed a couple features that make a game successful and a game that zero people care about. In other words, I can design games that people will enjoy playing because of a few different features.[/font]

I would go into each mandatory feature but this is not the place to do so.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I am the right addition to the game developing family of yours because I get along well with others, I can work with others and include all ideas into one grand idea, and I have an understanding of successful game mechanics (how-to-play).[/font]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Bonus's I obtain: Fantasy writing. I have just finished a novella for a client of mine who runs a fairly popular Minecraft server (supposably). If you wish to see the fantasy novella, E-mail or skype me about "Mistveil's Derivation" and I will tend to your request.[/font]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Another bonus I have acquired is the love for art. I am a fairly good digital graphic artist with basic Photoshop CS5 knowledge. I am currently enrolled in an art class at school where I am picking up new techniques for non-digital art.[/font]

Anyways...

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Thank You All, It's been a pleasure applying for the Game Designer (and/or) Media Manager position for your lovely developing community.[/font]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]-Chris[/font]
Game Designer and Creative at http://www.xstreamtech.co.uk/
Advertisement

Lets get this out now before moderators take this down: I am UNABLE to post in the "Help Wanted" Thread. Thanks.

There's a sticky thread in Help Wanted entitled "All new 'Help Wanted' topics need to be posted in 'Classifieds'" that might explain why that is; the same information is also provided in the "getting started" box to the right of the topic listing in the Help Wanted forum.

These notices explain that Help Wanted type posts -- such as yours -- should now go in the new Classifieds section of the site, which is a step towards a much better system than the old Help Wanted forum, with posts divided into categories, some basic filtering functionality provided, and submission forms that enforce layout rather than our old "please use the template" approach. This new section of the site will be improved over time, and your feedback is welcome and encouraged via our "Comments, Suggestions & Ideas" forum.

Please use the classifieds system.

- Jason Astle-Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement