• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Harry Lee

Help for recommending books about terrain,light,shadow and so on~

This topic is 2504 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi,my friends. I have some experience in engine using,like Ogre etc.And now I want to learn more systemic about terrain,light,shadow and so on.But my question is I really don't understand which book can be systemic and updated current times.I searched but failed,just like terrain filed:maybe the most popular books are <[color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

Real-Time 3D Terrain Engines Using C++ and DirectX 9[/font]> and <focus on 3d terrain programming>,but they are too old that I'm afraid it's not so practical.
So what's your opinion?
If you can tell me some more like VSD,LOD,animation,PM,post-processing,ray-tracing,etc.Then the best,Thanks!
Thx very much!
--Harry

Advertisement
A very,really very, good book about 3d rendering is Real Time Rendering , but it is more an overview over current rendering techniques than a practical book about learning such things. My sugguest is, to get this book , read it and search the internet about techniques you want to know more about. It is really very complete, touching everything you need to know about realtime rendering.

A very,really very, good book about 3d rendering is Real Time Rendering , but it is more an overview over current rendering techniques than a practical book about learning such things. My sugguest is, to get this book , read it and search the internet about techniques you want to know more about. It is really very complete, touching everything you need to know about realtime rendering.

Thanks,Ashaman73. smile.png
Yep,I also noticed this book and bought it yesterday.It's a nearly all 5 stars book.
And for animation I bought <Character Animation With Direct3D>,and some more so on.
I'll follow your advise that getting the base from the book and learn more from internet.It's a good way.
Thanks very much.
Harry

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!