• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
giugio

collaborate with git

This topic is 2496 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hello.
I wish start to create web sites and other simple webgl project.
We are three collaborators and i read that is possible to use git for collaborate on the same projects using a web repository, is true?
How works these web repository?
And , there is a some diff open source viewer that display changes for each commits?
Thanks.

Advertisement

We are three collaborators and i read that is possible to use git for collaborate on the same projects using a web repository, is true?

Yes. git is one of many source control tools that allow collaboration in this way.

How works these web repository?
[/quote]
The repository (or the canonical copy of the repository, depending on the system) lives on some web-connected server. There are companies that provide these servers for free. You might be interested in github, for example.

Once you have that, any body can pull the latest version of the code to their local machine, make some changes and then push those changes back to the server. Distributed systems (such as git) allow you to exchange code between developers without going via the canonical server (because, actually, under such systems any machine with a copy of the source code is a 'server').

If you want to know more about git, or another system, RTM smile.png

And , there is a some diff open source viewer that display changes for each commits?
[/quote]
Yes. There are loads. Google will give you many, depending on which OS you use. Github and many other services allow you to look at diffs in your browser.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!