14 comments, last by GeneralQuery 12 years, 1 month ago
Done and done.

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Advertisement
[quote name='GetLastError' timestamp='1328862687' post='4911596'] The missing tool that I'd like to have is a VST or some plugin that simulates the output of a device such as the iPhone. Or even better, a setup that will stream the audio output from the audio software directly to the device itself in real time - this way it'll be much easier to tweak the sounds and volume/compresing etc.
I also wanted a nicer way to preview audio in the devices, and you just gave me a nice idea for a VST, I'll give it a try this weekend. [/quote]

Please let me know when it's out :)
I've gone thru lots of mastering tutorial videos for Logic Pro. They were usually for more rock oriented stuff with the "loudness war" multi-band processing. I was confused by why they were doing this until I researched a little more. Since I was mostly doing rock music (not game music) this stuff worked just fine.

I'd assume the other stuff I saw in those tutorials is still valid, taking out some of the real low frequencies, using a limiter, etc.

My question is, what does something like Ozone (which I'm considering buying) do for me besides these things I've learned to do myself.
My question is, what does something like Ozone (which I'm considering buying) do for me besides these things I've learned to do myself.

Of course, Ozone isn't a one-click wonder machine - but it's a good all-in-one combination of several very neutral sounding tools and well-programmed analyzers.
You can try it out, too - iZotope has a demo on their website.

Check out my Music/Sound Design Reel on moritzpgkatz.de

[Of course, Ozone isn't a one-click wonder machine - but it's a good all-in-one combination of several very neutral sounding tools and well-programmed analyzers.

After watching some tutorials of Ozone4, I'm definitely getting it! I have learned to do some of these things in Logic but it seems like a much more logical workflow and it simply sounds great.
You have the mix there in front of you so your mastering chain should really be minimal.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement